Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

not getting reliable android notifications

draftpeppin says:
Starting around March 20th, I stopped getting reliable notifications for tasks due at certain times, and my morning daily digest. It shows up in email just fine, but not the Android one.

I'm on the Android app Beta, version 4.4.1, and I know that updated recently.

If the app has been actively open recently, I get the alert. If I kill the app, I get nothing. If it's been a couple hours and the Android OS has killed the app automatically, I get nothing at all.

I'm on Verizon, Pixel 2 XL, and always take the latest OS/security updates as soon as available.

I cleared cache and data and tried again. That did not work. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app today and that did not help.

I do have a ticket open with support, but wanted to see if anyone else is having this issue.

I had a similar problem in November when Android decided to make RTM a battery optimized app and was killing it really fast. That was resolved when I turned it off from being optimized. But it does not appear to be set to an optimized app currently.
Posted at 1:35am on March 26, 2019
martingchapman says:
I had a similar problem with my Galaxy S8 running Android 7 as originally supplied.
Samsung issued Android 8 but I still had problems, I escalated to RTM Support and did a lot of testing with Andrewski but never really got to the bottom of it, however after a few A8 updates from Samsung it seemed to go away.
By the Autumn of last year (2018) until a few weeks ago notifications were rock solid.
Then Samsung issued Android 9 and the problem started again. It is very intermittent, nowhere as bad as last time.
It could be that the notifications do not happen if the RTM app is not open, but I have not been able to prove this conclusively yet.
I will continue to monitor and update this post with any developments.
Posted 4 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi draftpeppin,
This issue that arose in 4.4.1 should be resolved in 4.4.4. Updating should help, but we appreciate you keeping us updated by email as well.

martingchapman, perhaps that's what you're seeing as well? (The beta 4.4.x update should generally target interactions with Android 9, so we encourage you to try that version if you're seeing any current problems with the 4.3 versions.)

And yes, keep us posted with any further problems!
Posted 4 years ago
martingchapman says:
Hi Andrewski,
I am currently running 4.3.5, how do I get to the beta 4.4.x version?
Posted 4 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi martingchapman,
You may have previously participated in our Android beta testing, so if so you may still have that email from us?

If not, feel free to contact us and we can give you the details on how to switch to that version.
Posted 4 years ago
martingchapman says:
Andrewski,
Thanks, yes I think I was on the beta release some time ago but I cannot find the email regards access to it from you, so follow up email request sent.
Posted 4 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.