Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Google Assistant - how to phrase things quickly?

(closed account) says:
Just got the update about Google Assistant.

I tried doing :

(me) Talk to Remember The Milk
(google) alright, getting RTM
(RTM) hi alexander, you can ask me to [blah blah blah during about 1 minute]
(me) remember me to [do something totally important]

This worked, but how do I go about setting up a reminder without hearing all those instructions every time during a whole minute?
Posted at 1:16am on March 12, 2019
(closed account) says:
Addendum : I tried the following form...

Ok Google, ask Remember The Milk to remind me to pick up the milk at 5pm

But it doesn't work. Google is picking up the reminder for itself, ignoring the part about RTM, and nothing is added to my task list.
Posted 5 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi champagne.alexandre,
The example you gave should work: Ok Google, ask Remember The Milk to remind me to …

If not, you may want to unlink and reconnect the Action.

Also, not that it seems to be the main question you're asking, but you can interrupt the initial prompt either with an action on screen or with speech to get right to your phrase.

Keep me posted on what you find!
Posted 5 years ago
(closed account) says:
Just tried unlinking/linking again my account, and I can confirm asking "Ok Google, ask Remember the Milk to remind me to [some action]" does not work.
Posted 5 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi champagne.alexandre,
Thanks again for the feedback. We're seeing the same in our testing of the live Action as well, so we appreciate your attention.

We have updated the Action with this and some other changes, so this will be available as soon as Google approves the update. Thanks for your patience in the meantime!
Posted 5 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.