Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

email reminders don't come anymore

masterjohn says:
Since a somewhat longer period my email reminders don't come anymore. At first adding an other email address did help for some time (I suddenly got the reminders twice), but now that doesn't work anymore. I tried to remove all reminders and add them again, but still no result.

I don't use RTM as an app, but only in a browser. I use gmail (in a browser) for my email. I don't want any other type of reminder.

Could you please help me to get my reminders back?
Posted at 7:20am on February 28, 2019
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi masterjohn,
Thanks for getting in touch and reporting this issue.

Is it possible your web account is set to the older app? We've gotten a few reports this month about reminders that we're looking into, but only for the older web app.

You can check and switch on our switcher page.

Also, have you tried any other IM, SMS, desktop, or email reminders to a third address to confirm whether they're working at all for you?

Keep me posted on what you find!
Posted 5 years ago
masterjohn says:
Hi Andrewski,

I don't use the app. I use the web-version. I don't want to use an app.
I tried using an other email address, but that doesn't work either.
For privacy reasons I don't want to use other types of reminders.
Posted 5 years ago
Hi masterjohn,
Sorry, I'm talking about the web version as well. You may want to try that switcher page to see if it's set to the older website.

We haven't heard of or encountered any problems in the newer app so keep me posted on what you find!
Posted 5 years ago
masterjohn says:
Hi Andrewski,

I switched to the new version, but still no reminder :-(
But I expected a reminder from an existing task that I postponed.
I will try again with a new one.
I use RTM mainly for recurring tasks, so I don't hope I will have to type them in again.
Posted 5 years ago
masterjohn says:
Hm, I noticed that the times the reminders should be send had disappeared during the switch to the new application.
I now entered a new task that is to be finished tomorrow. Let's see if I receive a reminder now.
Posted 5 years ago
Hi masterjohn,
Keep us posted on how things go and let us know if this problem continues. It wouldn't be necessary to re-enter your tasks so we'll be able to try a few other things if this continues.
Posted 5 years ago
masterjohn says:
I added a task that should be completed today.

In my account settings, section Reminders, I have added two email addresses and ticked the boxes that I would like to get a reminder at start and on the day the task should be completed. Nevertheless still no reminder this morning.

Changed the completed date to 8 AM and added desktop notification.
I also added Daily Digest to be sent to my email address.

Curiously waiting to see what happens at 8 and tomorrow morning.
Posted 5 years ago
masterjohn says:
At 8 I received a reminder at both email addresses. Don't know whether the desktop notification came, because I was away :-(
Now the question is:
Did it work because I added a time at the completion date?
Did it work because I added the daily digest?
Did it work because I added the desktop notification?
Or a combination of the above?
Posted 5 years ago
masterjohn says:
Removed desktop notification.
Postponed completion time.
And received two reminders again.

Now I will remove the daily digest and postpone the task again. Let's see what happens.
Posted 5 years ago
masterjohn says:
Well, I've got a reminder again... So the only thing I've changed right now is that I included a time at the completion date.

I added a new task that should be completed tomorrow (without a time).
Let's wait and see whether or not I receive a reminder early tomorrow morning.
If that works, I'm back to where I started, except for that I get my reminders working again.
Posted 5 years ago
I'm glad to hear that overall.

For a reminder about tasks without a due time, you may want to make sure you've enabled the Daily Digest at the time you want and that you've enabled it for your email (in the Contact Preferences section).

Posted 5 years ago
masterjohn says:
Two days have past which both should have given a reminder, but no reminders received :-(

I have set only the due time, no start time. No Daily Digest anymore. No time attached also.

I will try to add a time to the due date again and see what happens then.
Posted 5 years ago
Keep me posted on what you find! It may also help to change the time for the Daily Digest just to make sure that's working correctly.

If this keeps up you may also want to contact us and mention your reminder email and we can verify that those are sending out correctly.
Posted 5 years ago
masterjohn says:
I've been out for a while.
Now I added a time for two tasks that will expire the coming days.
Let's see what happens now.
Posted 5 years ago
Hi masterjohn,
Sounds good, keep me posted on what you find!
Posted 5 years ago
masterjohn says:
First reminder (single task) was sent.
The other is a repeating task. It will expire on Sunday.
I'll keep you posted.
Posted 5 years ago
Hi masterjohn,
Sounds good, keep me posted on what you find!
Posted 5 years ago
masterjohn says:
The repeating task with a time included resulted into a reminder.
The next repeating task, without a time (so only a date) passed by without reminder.
Posted 4 years ago
You'll want to keep the Daily Digest on for tasks without a due time (only dates). If that's not working it'd be great if you could contact us with the settings you have enabled in the Daily Digest and Reminders.

Posted 4 years ago
masterjohn says:
Ok, so I understand that I have to enable the Daily Digest OR put a time in the expiration date of my tasks.
That is different behaviour compared to the behaviour before.
Thanks for helping me out.
Posted 4 years ago
Hi masterjohn,
I'm glad to hear it's working with those options.

In the newer app we had separated the Daily Digest so you can have different reminder options, but the same "these options for tasks without a time" and "those options for tasks with a time" still apply.

So let me know if you have any trouble getting them working the way you want!
Posted 4 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.