Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Can I share a smart list?

korey99 says:
I have a subset of my tasks that my wife could do for me if she had time. I have tagged them #shareable. Example: "take package to post office" or "find missing bluetooth headset" or "find service hour opportunities for son"

I'd like to share those task, not assign them. They are my responsibility. I thought the best way would be to create the tag, then make a smart list for that tag. But I don't seem to be able to share smart lists.

I don't want to create a new standard list, because these tasks would be across all my lists.

Any ideas?
Posted at 2:15pm on January 23, 2019
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi korey99,
You're right that it's not possible to share Smart Lists. Sorry for the inconvenience.

At the risk of suggesting you change everything up, since lists are the only things to be shared, you could organize your lists that way—these tasks are mine, these other ones are for my wife & me, those are for my work team, etc.

Then, you could organize your tasks in the other dimensions, maybe work versus personal etc., with tags so you could still view those categories as you wish.

Let me know if I can help with anything else as far as sharing some tasks and not others!
Posted 5 years ago
korey99 says:
I'll try it. I mostly work from my "hotlist" smart list, so I suppose as long as I have that smart list pull in the necessary tasks from the shareable list, it should work. Thanks for the help!
Posted 5 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Sure thing! I know the feeling about working from Smart Lists, so that is definitely a flexible setup to reorganize as needed.

Let us know if we can help along the way!
Posted 5 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.