Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Email reminders not working for old app

ledszeppelin says:
Since about two weeks the email reminders are not working for the old RMT app. I have sent an email question asking about this and haven't gotten a response. I have tried removing and re-adding my email reminder and re-setting the settings but that hasn't fixed it. This happened twice before over the past two months and both times it was due to something on RMT's end, so I was wondering if the same is the case now. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
Posted at 5:38pm on January 19, 2019
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi ledszeppelin,
Sorry for the issue. We're looking into this on our end.

Reminders have not been interrupted in the newer app we rolled out in 2016. If you wanted to switch over to the newer app, you can enjoy uninterrupted reminders alongside the other features too. :)

(We currently support both in parallel, but I know that a lot of work was put into the newer reminders system to make it less prone to interruptions.)

I also see a few emails from you, and I'll respond there as well. Sorry about the delay there!
Posted 5 years ago
ledszeppelin says:
Thank you for your reply. I had switched over to the newer app a while back but it seems to be more limited with regard to the reminder options than the older version. I can only set two reminders for a task with a start time: at the time a task starts, and a certain time before it starts (eg 24 hours).

Having a reminder for when a task starts is pointless, and on the old app I had two reminders set: 24 hours before a task starts and on the day it starts (which I would receive at 6 am).

Am I wrong to think this isn't possible to do on the newer app? Perhaps there's something with the two settings for the due and start time that I'm missing? Thanks in advance for your assistance!
Posted 5 years ago
Hi ledszeppelin,
Thanks for getting back to me with this information. There are more options for reminders in the newer app, but the way they are broken out is different:
* For tasks with a due time, you can set a time at the time and/or before the time.
* To get a reminder on the day a task starts (or for a variety of other criteria), you can use the Daily Digest which you can set to receive at 6 am.

One thing to keep in mind is that you can do this with due dates/times as well as start dates/times, but the older app does not support start dates so that's another way to have more options in the newer app.

Hope this helps you set them up the way you want, but let us know if we can help more, or feel free to contact us by email if you prefer.
Posted 5 years ago
ledszeppelin says:
Hi Andrew. Thanks for that, I didn't know the Daily Digest acts as a reminder on the day a task is due. That does resolve the main issue I was having with the newer app so I'll keep that version.

I currently have a reminder set for 24 hours before a task is due, can I also add a second one for 48 hours before it is due or will that require the pro-version?

Thank you again for the reply.
Posted 5 years ago
Hi ledszeppelin,
I'm glad to hear that helps!

It's not possible to add multiple set reminders for all tasks—24 *and* 48 hours—but you could set the Daily Digest to remind you of tasks for today and tomorrow (whether by start and/or due dates) and then also set your Reminders to remind 48 hours ahead of their due times.

What would be possible is to add reminders to individual tasks if you wanted.

Keep me posted on what you find!
Posted 5 years ago
ledszeppelin says:
Hi Andrew,

Thank you very much, I just changed the settings as you recommended and it's working great!
Posted 5 years ago
So glad to hear it! :)
Posted 5 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.