Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Sub tasks via Smart Add

james.brimble says:
Can you add sub tasks via Smart Add?
Posted at 11:22am on December 20, 2018
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi james.brimble,
It's not currently possible to add subtasks via Smart Add, sorry.

You can add tasks and then use drag and drop to reorganize your tasks as subtasks, etc.

Let us know if we can ever help with anything else!
Posted 5 years ago
apgordon says:
+1, @james.

@RTM - I know it's been mentioned several times, but drag-n-drop being the *sole* method for classifying a task as "sub-task" and associating to a parent task is... clunky, especially for an application that has SO many great keyboard shortcuts and is rooted in _not_ requiring a mouse (one of the reasons I love this product). I think it's definitely something for y'all to be thinking about enhancing. Happy to offer suggestions / help hash out.
Posted 5 years ago
jamezzz says:
+1
I absolutely agree. Dealing with subtasks via drag and drop leaves much to be desired. Would love a shortcut key way of moving tasks to/from subtasks or between parent tasks. At present I generally try and stay away from subtasks because of this limitation (that, and the fact subtasks with due dates can end up hidden in certain SmartLists which has been discussed elsewhere).
Posted 4 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.