Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Limitations to specific URL protocols?

(closed account) says:
Using the iOS app, I am using a specific callback URL from a Drafts 5 note, in the URL field. The link does not work when calling it directly from the task. It does open up Safari, but does not continue. If I paste the callback URL directly into Safari, it works and opens up the note in Drafts 5. Are there limitations to specific URL protocols in the iOS app (or WebApp) ?

Example: drafts5://open?uuid=[UID]
Posted at 2:35pm on December 1, 2018
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi pszaro,
Thanks for reporting this. I've added this to our list to investigate. Sorry for the inconvenience here!

Does it work at all from a note? Or is it not linked? (I am not familiar with Drafts 5, but I'm wondering if that's why this isn't working for me.)

Keep me posted on what you find and we'll update that with this detail as well.
Posted 5 years ago
(closed account) says:
Does it work at all from a note? I added the URL (drafts5://open?uuid=[UID]) to the note and has the same issue. The link does not work when calling it directly from the note or the URL field. It does open up Safari, but does not continue. If I paste the callback URL directly into Safari, it works and opens up the note in Drafts 5.
Posted 5 years ago
Thanks again for all these details! I've added these details to our list to investigate as well.

I'll let you know if I have an update or any details to share.
Posted 5 years ago
(closed account) says:
iOS app v4.3.28 update corrected this issue. Thank You!
Posted 5 years ago
Hi pszaro,
You're welcome! We're glad we were able to get that out in short order. :)
Posted 5 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.