Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Siri Shortcuts - Create New Task shortcut

sabiltonghunter says:
So with the new Siri Shortcuts, I see there are a number of shortcuts available for RTM but I am not seeing the most obvious and useful one for me, create a new task. Am I just missing it or is there not a "create new task" Siri shortcut available?
Posted at 3:28pm on November 2, 2018
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi sabiltonghunter,
Currently it would be available as a suggested shortcut to "create 'task name' task" based on recent task names that were added.

Is that what you're looking for or something else? If you are looking for "add a task whose name I will give" that might be better using the Siri integration itself.

Let me know if I can help with anything else!
Posted 5 years ago
sabiltonghunter says:
Thanks, I didn't know it needed to be referred to as RTM, that works for me
Posted 5 years ago
Hi sabiltonghunter,
Excellent, I'm glad that helped you find the shortcuts!

Let us know if we can ever help with anything else.
Posted 5 years ago
opuntia2 says:
Sorry for hijacking, is it possible to add a tag(s) when creating a task using Siri?
Posted 5 years ago
Hi opuntia2,
It's not possible to add a tag with Siri, but you can catch those tasks in Remember The Milk with source:siri so you could tag those on the way in to your account.

Hope this helps!
Posted 5 years ago
ismh says:
This lets you add a task via Siri the voice assistant, but can you add a task with the Siri Shortcuts app itself? I don't see any actions when I try to build a shortcut in the GUI.
Posted 5 years ago
Hi ismh,
The same actions should show in the Siri & Search "Shortcuts" and in the Shortcuts app.

If you're not seeing those you may want to use the app a bit more to perform the actions you're looking for. Those should show up in those shortcuts soon after using the app. (That process can sometimes take a while, so you may even need to wait until the next day.)

Keep us posted on what you find!
Posted 5 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.