Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

What if I miss a repeating task?

mmoore100 says:
I have repeating tasks for a set of exercises I'm supposed to do. I have some days when I just can't manage it, either because I ran out of time or I can't physically do it that day.

What's the best way to deal with a repeating task you didn't do? Right now it's showing up as an Overdue task on my Today view.
Posted at 5:44pm on November 1, 2018
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi mmoore100,
You have a few options here, which kind of depend on the task, so Remember The Milk offers both "every day" (etc.) and "after 1 day" (etc.) repeats.

(You can see more about those with some more examples on our help page.)

So what you may want to do depends on your repeat, but here are some ideas:
* You can postpone yesterday's task to today and complete as you can.
* You can complete yesterday's task and have today's task ready to go already.
* If you have "every day" set, you can delete yesterday's task and select "continue repeating" to have today's task already set.

Hope this helps, but keep me posted on what you find!
Posted 5 years ago
mmoore100 says:
Thank you. "Continue repeating" was what I wanted, but I didn't think it worked. I think the problem was that I was deleting the task by selecting it and pressing the Delete key (on the keyboard).
Posted 5 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi mmoore100,
I'm glad that option helps.

You may want to double-check the repeats on your tasks—even deleting by keyboard should show that prompt, but it will only appear for tasks that repeat with an "every" interval.

(In other words, since "after" tasks only generate the next task when completing, deleting would just not create the next one.)

Hope this helps, but let me know if it's not what you're seeing.
Posted 5 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.