Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

All my due dates are off by 1 day

sassfb says:
I use RTM only on a computer (no mobile devices, no apps). I use Firefox, and it's up to date. My timezone is correct, and I have not been in any different timezone for months. The computer (Windows 10) shows the correct day and time. I have the same problem on Chrome.

A few days ago, all my tasks' due dates changed to be one day earlier. I manually changed all of them, but the problem continues. I confirmed this by entering a task just now and made it due today. It showed up as due yesterday.

I just logged in on a different computer (Mac), and I don't see the problem there. In fact, all the tasks whose due dates I changed are now wrong (due one day later), because I changed them to "correct" them on the Windows PC.

But the Windows PC is the one I use all day, so this really needs to work there.
Posted at 4:42pm on October 28, 2018
martingchapman says:
The fact that it is right on a Mac but wrong on the PC suggests the PC (not RTM) is at fault.

One thing to check;
Is the PC set to 12 hour clock (rather than 24 hour) if so could it be 12 hours slow?
Is it set to be am when the real time is pm.
With a 24 hour clock this will be immediately obvious, but not so with a 12 hour clock.
Posted 5 years ago
sassfb says:
It's not using military time, but it does show the correct AM/PM. I have been using this machine for a long time, and the problem with RTM just started last week. I'm not aware of any changes to the PC--no recent installations.
Posted 5 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Sorry to hear about your problem, sassfb.

You may also want to review any Daylight Savings changes in your country/location or make sure that your computer is offsetting correctly—sometimes those may not match up without a Windows update or similar.

Last, if you're using the web app in your browser you may want to try a different browser in case that could be a problem—for example, sometimes Chrome doesn't work correctly with timezones when other browsers are fine.

Keep me posted on what you find!
Posted 5 years ago
sassfb says:
Sorry for not getting back sooner. In reading about similar problems, there were some recommendations to change the time zone and then change it back again. I tried that both on my PC and in RTM. It didn't immediately make any difference, but after a reboot, the due dates were correct again.

I have no idea what the problem was: daylight saving time was correct, and all browsers had the same problem. But the time zone change and change back again seemed to fix it after a reboot. So I would suggest that to anyone with a similar problem.

Thanks!
Posted 5 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi sassfb,
Sorry to hear about your experience, but I'm glad that things landed alright!

Let us know if we can ever help with anything else.
Posted 5 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.