Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Import via CSV?

drfrankbuck says:
I notice there is a conversion tool from those who have transferred to RTM from Wunderlist.

Is there (or will there be) a similar tool for conversion from Toodledo?

If there is not a dedicated tool, is it possible to import from CSV?

I do know about the import email address and have used it to import tasks names in bulk and then assign dates and copy/paste task notes.
Posted at 9:59am on October 25, 2018
raymond.bergmark Power Poster says:
Using bulk import you can add due dates, tags etc, using the Smart Add syntax
Maybe it's possible to import the CSV file to Excel and do all the calculations there and export a new CSV file that can be imported in RTM.
Posted 5 years ago
mmoore100 says:
@drfrankbuck Were you able to import?
Posted 5 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Specifically with Toodledo, we added a custom import in the beta channel of our web/desktop app.

You can switch to the beta channel in the app's Account Settings, in the General section.

You can import in the Import section, and while we don't yet have specific documentation for Toodledo, you can find some details about the process on our website.

We'd be curious to know what you find, if you run into anything, etc.! Please contact us if you run into anything.
Posted 5 years ago
mmoore100 says:
The custom import is awesome!
Posted 5 years ago
gary_berg says:
Import from Toodledo keeps telling me I'm not logged into RTM when I select the final import button after I have found the XML file. Logging in doesn't help. I've tried doing this on my tablet (Android) as well as in my Win 10 notebook using Chrome.

Any suggestions?
Posted 5 years ago
Hi gary_berg,
Sorry to hear about that!

You may want to clear your cache to see if that helps, but if not it'd be great if you could contact us so we could help more specifically.

Keep us posted!
Posted 5 years ago
mmoore100 says:
I had no problems with the Toodledo import. @gary_berg, were you able to import yours?

Now that I've learned more about RTM, I'm wondering if there's a way to import tasks from an Excel spreadsheet that was not a part of a task management app. That is, I know a lot of people (especially writers) who use spreadsheets to track things. I have a few I'd like to import. Is there anyway that RTM could give us a template CSV file that we could use for a generic import?
Posted 5 years ago
Hi mmoore100,
We don't currently offer a CSV import, but it's possible either to generate an email to import from that kind of file or (probably more intensive) to generate a JSON file to use for import.

We don't offer any templates like that currently, but I've passed that feedback on to the development team for review.

Let us know if we can ever help with anything else!
Posted 5 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.