Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Notch support?

maciek.ziernicki says:
Recent Android app updates from RTM have touted notch support. What does that mean, exactly? I don't see any difference in the app. The space next to my notch still isn't used any better. In portrait, I get the same colored bar with no immersive view. In landscape mode the screen is cropped where the notch area is.

Does anyone see a difference on any phone? I have an Essential phone.
Posted at 1:15am on October 19, 2018
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi maciek.ziernicki,
The app should look mostly the same, but no screen elements should be blocked on screen and swiping from the top portion of the screen should not cause any jitters or other unexpected behavior.

If you're seeing anything different it'd be great if you could contact us with a screenshot or video of anything. Thanks!
Posted 5 years ago
maciek.ziernicki says:
Screen elements were never blocked for me. The app never used the notch area. Notifications did. The app isn't using the notch area at all, and I feel like any change should have at least enabled that?
Posted 5 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi maciek.ziernicki,
Ah, okay, thanks for clarifying! If you wanted to send us a screenshot of what you're seeing in the Remember The Milk app compared with others, that would be welcome to make sure the app is behaving correctly.
Posted 5 years ago
maciek.ziernicki says:
Notches don't show on screenshots. There notch area simply contains my notification icons on portrait orientation, and a black bar in landscape orientation. Apps that use the notch area fill that space in landscape orientation, and sometimes in portrait too.
Posted 5 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.