Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

How to print list including subtasks?

mikecrum246 says:
Is it possible to print a list including all subtasks assigned to tasks in that list? It sure would be helpful to have this ability.
Posted at 6:55pm on October 12, 2018
apgordon says:
Hey Mike,

If you just want a list of all the subtasks in a List, you can use something like:
list:YourList AND isSubtask:true

If you want a list of all the tasks and subtasks in a List, you can use:
list:YourList AND (isSubtask:true OR isSubtask:false)

If you want the list of both tasks and subtasks with some fancy indentation to show you which subtasks "belong" to which parent tasks... I'm not sure how to do that / if it's possible. :)
Posted 5 years ago
(closed account) says:
@mikecrum246 - Not sure it can be done.
Posted 5 years ago
(closed account) says:
impossible
Posted 5 years ago
clarkeystu says:
I want this too!!
To be able to print 'all tasks' and have any subtasks printed as indents under the main task.
Pleeeeeeease?
Posted 5 years ago
muwocad says:
This is an many years old entry. Not customer friendly.
Bad Subtask handling. I need a printed list over all structure levels, because I need task-lists for multi-project management. Only one structure level is not enough for me.
I am pro - but now I will look for another solution like ToDoist or microsoft todo. I am very disappointed about RTM. This is really not innovative.
Posted 5 years ago
muwocad says:
It looks like there is no further development.
Posted 5 years ago
(closed account) says:
BOO! :(
Posted 4 years ago
imccafferty says:
Still checking out the features of RTM and this is going to be a show stopper for me too. I need to see all parent tasks & subtasks in a visual, ideally indented but definitely inclusive view.
Posted 4 years ago
craigoldfield says:
This is disappointing as it is a really critical feauture in my view, and due to not having it makes the whole notion of subtasks useless in this service.
Posted 4 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.