Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Ordering of tasks with time and priority

andygrunwald says:
Hey all,

imagine you have two tasks:

- Task #1: Scheduled for today, 8pm. No priority
- Task #2: Scheduled for today, no time. Priority 1

Now you open the predefined list "Today" in your app. Doesn't matter which app. I can reproduce this on the native macOSX, the webapp and the iOS app.

Task #1 is in the list on position one and the Task #2 on position 2 (e.g. at 8 am in the morning).

Why is this the case?

In my understanding Task #2 is more important, because of the priority.

I would expect that the ordering is according to the priority for the current day. Or am I wrong and have a wrong understanding of this?

What is your opinion/feedback about this?
Posted at 6:28am on October 4, 2018
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi andygrunwald,
How your tasks will sort depends on your sort setting. You can review each list's sort at the top right in the web/desktop app. (You can use these steps for the iOS app.)

If you're sorting by due date, the tasks would show in this way: timed tasks first, then untimed tasks; and when two tasks are due at the same time or on the same date, then they will sort by priority.

On the other hand, if you sort by priority, that will sort your tasks by priority first, and then sort all priority 1 tasks by date, then priority 2, etc.

Let me know if changing your sort to priority works to show your tasks as expected!
Posted 5 years ago
andygrunwald says:
Hey @andrewski,

my bad. A typical situation where the problem is not the computer but sits in front of it.
Problem solved. Works as expected.

Thanks a lot and have a nice day.
Posted 5 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
No worries, I'm glad it's working consistently! Let us know if you see anything else or have any other questions about the sorting.
Posted 5 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.