Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Bug? Badge count wrong

trmackenzie says:
Hi, I didn't see this referenced yet in this forum. On the iPhone app, if I have a task come due at a specific time I get correctly notified but the RTM icon shows a very high badge count (e.g. "86") as if there are 86 incomplete tasks due. It always seems to be that number though I don't know why; I don't have that many tasks even listed. This has been happening for months. If I open up the app, the count is cleared correctly.
Posted at 3:12pm on September 6, 2018
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi trmackenzie,
Sorry to hear about that. Are you able to clear your device ID from the web/desktop app's Account Settings, in the Contact Preferences section? You can regenerate an ID by quitting the iPhone app (swiping up from the multitasking screen) and then opening the app once more and syncing it manually.

If that doesn't help, can you contact us through the app's Help (which will pass on some diagnostic details) so we can help track this down? Thanks!
Posted 5 years ago
trmackenzie says:
Thanks for the response (apologies for the delay -- I thought I would be auto-notified so I didn't think to check for responses). I followed the suggestion and then tested it by creating a new task due in 1 minute...and the problem re-emerged. I will contact through the app as requested.
Posted 5 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Sounds good, thanks! We see your message and will be in touch as soon as we can.
Posted 5 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.