Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Reminder time-frame options

cdelsol says:
Can someone help me understand the time-frame options presented when creating a Reminder field? Most times, my choices are minutes or hours, but occasionally it is days or weeks. When the options are minutes or hours, there is no apparent way to change it to days or weeks. I would like to have the full array of minutes, hours, days or weeks each time I create reminder.

When I have a task or appointment several months ahead, or for repeating annual reminders, I want a reminder a week, or sometimes two, ahead of time. I know I can add a start date for two weeks before the due date, but I don't necessarily want it to appear on my daily list every day for those weeks. I got tired of calculating how many hours are in a week or 10 days or two weeks, so I have resorted to putting in two separate tasks ("Remember Xxxx conference" and "Xxxxx conference" for example). But that's twice as much work, which should not be necessary.

Am I missing something, or is there some other way to get to the day and week options if hours and minutes is all that appears in the drop-down? Any way to ensure that all four options appear?
Posted at 11:03pm on September 3, 2018
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi cdelsol,
The options vary based on the due field: if you have a due date (no time) the options will be days/weeks. If you have a due date and specific time set, you will get the options for minutes/hours.

Thanks for your feedback that you want to have all the options all the time.

If it helps at all, you can also set reminders in your account which will apply to all tasks.

Hope this helps!
Posted 5 years ago
Hi cdelsol,
The options vary based on the due field: if you have a due date (no time) the options will be days/weeks. If you have a due date and specific time set, you will get the options for minutes/hours.

Thanks for your feedback that you want to have all the options all the time. I've passed that around to the rest of the team.

If it helps at all, you can also set reminders in your account which will apply to all tasks.

Hope this helps!
Posted 5 years ago
cdelsol says:
Thank you, andrewski. I do feel better knowing there is a method to which options appear when. But as many tasks occurring weeks or months in the future (an airplane flight, for example) need a time in order to be useful, I do need those reminders days or weeks ahead. The workarounds I've tried are time-consuming. Please give serious consideration to allowing us to decide among all options for all tasks. (P.S. I have set reminders that will apply to all tasks, but I use it mostly as a failsafe, so that if I forget to set a reminder for a task, I'll have at least one day's warning.)
Posted 5 years ago
Yes, thanks again for the feedback!
Posted 5 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.