Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Auto-reminders until due date

(closed account) says:
So far - LOVE this tool. Definitely helping me feel more organized already.

One request idea - it would be nice to be able to set a task and have a reminder every X number of days until the due date. I know you can individually set reminders on tasks for certain number of days before it's due, but this would be a repetitive reminder essentially.

For example: if i set a task due 1 month from now, but it's something I have to check/work on every other day, I would like to set a reminder that is "every 2 days UNTIL the due date". So basically every 2 days I get a reminder that says 'work on this task'.

Apologies if this was already submitted and I overlooked it.
Posted at 3:15am on August 22, 2018
valantha says:
Just a suggestion, but what about setting up a subtask that repeats every 2 days, with a reminder attached to that? You would set the parent due on the ultimate completion date, and the subtask should give you the progression reminders you're looking for.
Posted 5 years ago
(closed account) says:
Thanks valantha, that's a great idea - can't believe I didn't think of that... I'll be using this technique for sure - maybe it'll be added as a feature in the future.
Posted 5 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.