Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Time Zones

(closed account) says:
I've seen this posted in other forums, but I still need help. I travel a lot. I don't use due times, only dates, and yet whenever I change time-zones, the dates get all wonky. I leave my laptop in my home time-zone (it does not automatically update) and so I can look at my RTM list on it just fine. But on my iphone, which automatically updates zones, I can hardly use the app at all.

I use my iphone more than my laptop. I don't want to have to change my laptop time-zone and I don't want to have to go to the website and update my settings becuase then my laptop dates will be wonky. Why can't this app, after all these years, automatically figure out time-zones like every other app I use? I'm so tired of this I am about to give up on RTM, which would make me sad.
Posted at 2:55pm on August 20, 2018
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi dawn.cooley,
Thanks for getting in touch. Sorry to hear about your experience with Remember The Milk.

I've passed your feedback on to the development team for review. We don't have any changes to announce at this time, but we apologize for the inconvenience.

I don't have any other workarounds to mention aside from updating your timezone to match local time, which makes sure you're able to choose your preference for timed tasks. (I understand you don't use those, just mentioning some background for that setting.)

Let us know if we can ever help with anything else!
Posted 5 years ago
robe0341 says:
I have this problem as well. I live in Central time, and everything works fine. But I started using a remote computer in Pacific time, and whenever I use the website from a different timezones, the dates are wrong on all my tasks. Things for Sept 5, show up as Sept 4 on the PST computer.
Posted 5 years ago
Hi robe0341,
This is a tricky case for where this would happen. Sorry about that!

What may help is to pull up the web/desktop once you sign in, and it should prompt you to change your timezone. (Let us know if that's not working.)

I understand how that may not be a great solution, but I wanted to mention it in case it would help!
Posted 5 years ago
tl00reme says:
Once upon a time, the desktop/web app (at least in Windows) used to automatically determine when the time zone changed and would then prompt you as to whether you wanted to update due dates and times to the same dates/times in the new time zone or leave them as is. Can that behavior be reinstated? It seems like that would be the simplest fix and meet everyone's needs, whether on the desktop or mobile apps.
Posted 5 years ago
Hi tl00reme,
Yes, the web/desktop app will do this currently. (The mobile apps do not currently have this functionality, sorry.)

You may need to reload the web/desktop app if this doesn't show up right away when using the app in a new timezone.
Posted 5 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.