Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Android app confused about date

bokesan says:
The android app is currently unusable for me.

I already stopped using the widget because it would not update, but now it's getting worse - even the regular app does not show tasks that are due today. When I switch to "this week", the tasks are shown under "tomorrow". Today is 2018-06-29, which is also the due date of the tasks. The web app shows them correctly. So, the app seems to think it's still the 28.

System: Huawei P20 Pro, Android 8.1.0
Posted at 9:26am on June 29, 2018
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi bokesan,
Sorry to hear about these issues.
Regarding the tasks not showing on the correct day, you may want to check your account's/device's timezones as per our help article.

Regarding the widget, I'm not sure if you had contacted us before, but it would be best if you could contact us so we could get some specifics about this—device settings, screenshot, etc.—and to suggest the best resolution for this.

Keep us posted on both!
Posted 5 years ago
bokesan says:
I'd love to, but I don't see any time zone settings - neither in the app nor in the web interface. Could you provide a step-by-step on how to find them?
Posted 5 years ago
The Android OS timezone should match up with your Remember The Milk account. Your device's Settings should have a timezone setting; that's one of the settings we're referring to.

The one in your Remember The Milk account is in the Account Settings, in the Account section; you may need to scroll those settings if it's not immediately visible.

Keep us posted!
Posted 5 years ago
bokesan says:
Device is GMT+2, Account settings is GMT+1 (there is no selection for daylight savings time - because of the additional hour from that, we're currently on GMT+2).
Posted 5 years ago
If you select the same timezone/city in each place, the timezones should match up. (Remember The Milk will show the default timezone but will adjust for daylight savings time automatically.)

If having everything synced up doesn't help, it'd be great if you could email us so we can help figure out why this is happening for you.

Keep me posted on what you find!
Posted 5 years ago
If you select the same timezone/city in each place, the timezones should match up. (Remember The Milk will show the default timezone but will adjust for daylight savings time automatically.)

If not, are you able to let us know the timezone/city for each setting? (If you'd prefer to email us, that'd be fine too.)

Keep me posted on what you find!
Posted 5 years ago
bokesan says:
I currently can't reproduce the problem. I've switched back to using the widget, where this first happened, and will let you know if it happens again.
Posted 5 years ago
I'm glad to hear it's gone away! If it was specifically in the widget, that may be helpful to figuring it out next time, if it comes back.

Here's hoping not though! :)
Posted 5 years ago
bokesan says:
Ok, here go again: the widget has been frozen since 2 days. But, curiously, not completely: the date in the blue header field is correct. Navigation works: if I tap a task, it opens in the app. But if I do something, such as postponing a task or checking done, the task list in the widget does not update. Widget is set to today.

I should not again that this is on a Huawei device, and they got some flak for being too aggressive with power saving: https://twitter.com/videolan/status/1022033608670961665
Posted 5 years ago
Hi bokesan,
Thanks for the update. If you go into the Remember The Milk app's Settings, tap About, and then tap the "empty row" under the Copyright at the bottom 5 times, you can refresh the widgets, which may help reset them. It'd be good to know if that helps or not, even temporarily.

Also, thanks for that tweet; I will pass these details on to the development team. I was curious if you noticed this reply that mentioned some strange workaround that worked for them? It might be specific to VLC, but I figured it'd be worth trying for Remember The Milk too.

Keep us posted!
Posted 5 years ago
bokesan says:
Hi, sorry for the late reply. Pressed the red refresh button (got it after 3 taps, btw :-) ) but nothing was refreshed. Removing the widget and adding it again does work, though. I'll try the power management hacks next time this happens. They are not specific to VLC - I had to do the same (or similar) steps to keep Strava from being killed, even when running in the foreground.

I'll keep you updated if/when I have new insights.
Posted 5 years ago
Thanks for the continued updates. We'll be keen to hear any changes or anything else you notice!
Posted 5 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.