Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Dates out of sync

sannograham says:
I am usually only using the RTM iphone app and hardly ever log on via my computer. However, today I did and saw that the due dates are exactly one day out of sync, i.e. everything that is due today on my phone was due yesterday on the PC application. I already checked the time settings but these seem ok. Help anyone?
Posted at 11:50am on June 12, 2018
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi sannograham,
If you already used these steps to review your timezones on each device, make sure they're set the same, etc., then it may be something else.

For example, there's a rare issue with Chrome that comes up sometimes, for some users, where the display of dates/times is off. (Using a different browser can help identify that issue.)

Or maybe there is some latent problem from traveling to a different timezone recently, in which case you may want to change the timezone away and back to reset that.

Keep me posted on what you find and we'll see if we need to do anything else!
Posted 5 years ago
sannograham says:
Hi andrewski,
Thanks for your message. It is really weird. I played around with the time zones a bit more and finally got it to work just now. I don't know why but it only seems to work if I have DIFFERENT time zone on my phone and the web app. I set the time zone on my web app to CET and the one on my phone is set to BST (I am based in London). As I travel to Germany every now and then (and the initial greeting on the RTM web app is in German) I am wondering whether that may have been the trick in the end? Even though the actual computer setting is in BST, maybe there is still something weird going on in the background that it thinks I am in Germany?
Cheers
Posted 5 years ago
sannograham says:
Me again. Unfortunately, it does not work 100%. Whenever I change the date on the web app, it synchronises with the iphone app but the iphone shows the date one day earlier. When I then refresh the web app, the date gets moved to the date I have on the iphone app, so a day earlier than I had intended. So the two time zones do not seem to work afterall (i.e. CET on web app, BST on phone). Really frustrating as I do want to use the web app more and more but if I cannot rely on it to be perfectly synced with the phone it is of no use.
I am grateful for any idea you may have.
Posted 5 years ago
Hi sannograham,
You'll definitely want the timezones to be synced up, but there could be a latent problem from traveling previously.

If changing your Remember The Milk timezone away and back doesn't reset the dates/times on any tasks, updating them should work, e.g. adding a tag/priority or updating the due date to reset it.

Hope this helps, keep me posted on what you find!
Posted 5 years ago
sannograham says:
Hi andrewski,
Sorry for late reply. It all seems to be synced up now, thank you!
Posted 5 years ago
Hi sannograham,
No problem, I'm glad to hear that! :)
Posted 5 years ago
sassfb says:
Well, I've started having the exact same problem, and I use only the computer and have not traveled for months. Example: I add a task due today, and it shows up as being due yesterday.
Posted 5 years ago
Hi sassfb,
If this just started on its own, it's likely to do with some automatic change that causes a mismatch. For example, daylight savings time changes or other things can affect how your tasks are saved.

You can check these steps to see if they help resolve any problems but if not, please contact us so we can help track down the cause of this problem.

Keep us posted on what you find!
Posted 5 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.