Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Can I mark a task as completed on a day/time before my current one?

ayakokiyomizu says:
For some recurring tasks (using "*after such-and-such time") I'd like to be able to mark it as completed at a previous time, so that the recurrence will occur at the correct time. Sometimes I forget to mark it until the next day. Can this be done?
Posted at 4:27am on June 10, 2018
tristo (Remember The Milk) says:
Thanks for getting in touch.

Not exactly! In this case you may like to change the repeat type to 'repeat every' which will ensure that the task always repeats at the same time, regardless of if you complete it on time or not.

Here's a little more help with that: https://www.rememberthemilk.com/help/answer/basics-basics-repeatformat?ctx=basics-basics-repeatformat&hl=sv

Let me know if I can help further or in any other way!
Posted 5 years ago
ayakokiyomizu says:
No, I know the difference between the types of recurring tasks and I don't want the next deadline to trigger until the current one is finished, so "after" is the one that I want.

Here's an example: I have a reminder every day to use a learning tool such as Duolingo. If I skip a day, I don't want multiple tasks to start piling up, so I use "after one day" for that task. But just the other day, I was doing my learning task late at night and I wasn't done until after midnight. I wanted to mark it complete for my completed list, but I also wanted it to still trigger for the coming day.

I did realize that I could mark it complete and then change the new task's due date, so that's a manual kludge that works for now. I do think being able to mark a task as completed at a previous time would be a helpful and more elegant method.
Posted 5 years ago
tristo (Remember The Milk) says:
Great, I'm glad to know you're across the different repeat types.

And thanks for the suggestion, we don't currently offer this feature, but I'll make sure that the development team gets this for review. Feedback is very important to us, and we review feature requests on a regular basis as we work to improve Remember The Milk.

If there's anything else I can help you with, please let me know.
Posted 5 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.