Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Looking to create a weekly repeated check list - Repeating List

matthijs.koen says:
Hi All,

I am trying to create a list/set of (sub)tasks that will repeat on a weekly basis. Basically with the aim to have 1 line item in my (today) task list reappearing every week with an overview of the sub tasks to be checked, but without the overall collection completely appearing in the overview.

Is this something that would be possible?

Thanks!
Matthijs
Posted at 10:09am on May 16, 2018
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi Matthijs,
Thanks for getting in touch. Would it work to have one task due each day, and to make the repeat "after [weekday]" or "after 1 week" on each of them?

Then your Today view would show just today's task without the future ones, or you could create another view for them, etc.

It would also be possible to do something similar with subtasks, with the subtasks being due each day and the main task being due at the end (or no due date at all).

Let me know if anything like that is feasible!
Posted 5 years ago
matthijs.koen says:
Thanks Andrewski,
I can probably manage this with Tags as well, let me try your solution as well and see what would work best.

Matthijs
Posted 5 years ago
matthijs.koen says:
On second thought, would it be possible to create a repeating task, which has the tasks from a Smart List as subtasks?
Posted 5 years ago
Hi matthijs.koen,
It's not possible to populate a task's subtasks based on a Smart List, sorry. It may be possible to work the other way—putting the subtasks in, and then getting the Smart List to show them as desired—but that may not be as dynamic as you're looking for.

I hope you're able to find something that works, but keep me posted on what you find and let me know if I can help with anything else!
Posted 5 years ago
matthijs.koen says:
Thanks agian Andrewski, sorry to hear that is not possible.
I now created a repeating task, telling me to check the specific smartlis, where the tasks to catch up are being filtered by means of tags. Its just one step extra, so having a more direct link would still be more efficient, but this will do for now.
Posted 5 years ago
matthijs.koen says:
Hi Andrewski, following up on the above, I have made another improvement. I noticed the Smartlists all have a unique url, which i used in the url field of the repeating taks.
So I will collect follow up and checks throughout the workdays, tag them appropriately and have scheduled follow up task linking to these Smart Lists through URL.
Posted 5 years ago
Hi matthijs.koen,
Sounds good! From your first post, I was thinking of mentioning that, but it sounds like you've already discovered this.

Keep me posted on what you find as you use this, and let us know if we can help with anything else!
Posted 5 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.