Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Smart List query that can tell the difference between datetimed and dated tasks?

josh.crockett says:
Up until sometime in February, if you specified dueBefore:"09:00 tomorrow" creating a Smart List, the only tasks for tomorrow you would get would be tasks with a time specifically set before 09:00 -- no tasks 09:00 or after and none simply due tomorrow without a time. This was good because it let a Smart List surface only, in this example, items that needed to be done before going to work tomorrow. Contrast untimed tasks like "get cat litter" that I don't want in my urgent view or going off as an alarm if I set a nominal time of, say, 12 noon on them.

I filed issue #133694 back in February reporting this behavior change and got very little response, and it hasn't been changed back since. So I guess I'm out of luck on getting my old dueBefore: behavior back. So: am I missing some obvious way to get only time-specific tasks in the Smart List advanced query language?
Posted at 8:19pm on May 15, 2018
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi josh.crockett,
Thanks for getting in touch.

This behavior you've described is how Remember The Milk works, so we took this as feedback that you'd prefer something different. Sorry that I misunderstood your previous message.

What would be possible currently is to take advantage of the internal behavior of tasks being due at midnight, so you could search for the following to limit it to timed tasks:

dueBefore:"tomorrow 9:00" AND dueAfter:"tomorrow 0:00"

Let us know if we can ever help with anything else!
Posted 5 years ago
josh.crockett says:
Thanks - that'll work. Appreciate the feedback.
Posted 5 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.