Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

New Gmail Interface not showing RTM Sidebar

jpcarp says:
I am using the new Gmail interface recently rolled out but lost the RTM Sidebar extension. Is there a way to bring it back or are there plans for upgrading the extension? This is/was the single most productive and useful feature for RTM for me!
Posted at 8:03pm on April 26, 2018
jpcarp says:
To add, I am using the latest Firefox
Posted 5 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi jpcarp,
As you suspected, our add-on is not compatible with the new Gmail. If you want to use the Remember The Milk sidebar, you may want to switch back to the older Gmail for now.

We're checking out the preview version too, and we're eager to see what Google makes available for developers, so we'll post any updates or changes on our blog.

Let us know if we can help with anything else in the meantime!
Posted 5 years ago
jpcarp says:
Thank you for the quick response and update!
Posted 5 years ago
martingchapman says:
@andrewski
Perhaps this is the opportunity to develop a GMail/Chrome extension that does not break every time Google update something.
This is a long overdue fix.
Posted 5 years ago
judykator says:
+1
Posted 5 years ago
luca.palli says:
+1
Posted 5 years ago
gregacarter says:
+1
Posted 5 years ago
tkchuah says:
Yeah, this is much needed. Gmail integration is kind of an absolute must and that's the reason why we have been paying for RTM all along.
Posted 5 years ago
xtoq says:
While I do also want an extension rather than a widget (I use Inbox rather than Gmail), an extension will still break if Google updates something, only doubly so if it's a *Chrome* extension for *Gmail*, since they are both developed by Google. Just ask the Toggl team...

I just don't want anyone to think an extension is an end-all-be-all solution!
Posted 5 years ago
martingchapman says:
@xtoq - Interesting and no doubt valid point.

However, GQueues has (IMHO) the best Chrome/Gmail extension (in house) , this has been working for many years without breaking.
Also there is a Chrome/Gmail extension for Toodledo (third party by Aturu Hira) which also seems to work reliably, the only update I know of was very recently for the latest version of Gmail.

@xtoq - I am not saying you are wrong, but the above two examples show it can be done, all it needs is the will to do it, something which has been sadly lacking from RTM for many years.

This is a great shame as (IMHO) RTM is the best task manager around and a reliable, professional Chrome/Gmail extension is the only feature missing (especially since the recent Attachments addition)
Posted 5 years ago
mickeypr says:
+1
Posted 5 years ago
mickeypr says:
RTM team, why this is such a complicated task to provide us with an answer if it is coming or not and a time estimate?
Many RTM users including myself are waiting for this feature for a while and we still have no answer if and when RTM will have it’s own add on for the new Gmail version.

Thanks

Mickey
Posted 5 years ago
manuelcs says:
+1
Posted 5 years ago
(closed account) says:
+1

Note that today it broke in my old gmail as well...
Posted 5 years ago
puik says:
+1
Posted 5 years ago
nevillesarkari says:
Gmail now says the update is happening in 2 weeks for everyone. Not sure if we will be able to keep the old version running. Hope the RTM sidebar will work soon?
Posted 5 years ago
oliver83 says:
The sidebar is one of the main reasons why I use RTM and pay for it
Posted 5 years ago
shayne.piasta says:
Hello - I was forced to update to the new gmail. Is there an update as to whether/when the RTM sidebar will be available for the new version?
Posted 5 years ago
argun says:
As of today, still no update for the GMail RTM sidebar issue - Can we expect a fix soon? Thanks!
Posted 5 years ago
chriswil says:
Ditto. Sidebar is a critical feature for me.
Posted 5 years ago
moorepants says:
+1 to having RTM work in gmail again.
Posted 5 years ago
mike.bopf says:
+1. This is sort of a deal-breaker for me.
Posted 5 years ago
(closed account) says:
+1 Might have to move to Google tasks if this can't be a priority. Not a welcome move.
Posted 5 years ago
maria.elmvang says:
+1. I stayed with the old version of gmail for as long as possible to keep the side bar, but have been forced to upgrade. The smooth integration to gmail was the main reason I used RTM. I would really appreciate an update.
Posted 5 years ago
mamsden says:
+1 I also stayed with the old version of gmail. I have 10 days left. I've used RTM for years, exclusively with the Gmail sidebar. Would love to know what, if any, plans there are.
Posted 5 years ago
thyeum says:
+1 I was just forced to the new Gmail. Please bring the sidebar back ASAP or I will have to switch to Google Tasks.
Posted 5 years ago
mvdweer says:
+1.
Posted 5 years ago
martingchapman says:
For ideas on how to easily add tasks from a chrome web page or gmail see this RTM tip;
https://www.rememberthemilk.com/forums/tips/22832/
Posted 5 years ago
iamryza says:
any word on the gmail add-on that will hopefully not stop working every update
Posted 5 years ago
robertsuggs says:
+1 RTM support response is not sufficient. About to lose a customer...
Posted 5 years ago
mfleisher says:
I feel like the others. Without the sidebar, rtm loses most of its utility. I feel like i need to switch.
Google tasks had no repeating task function amazingly.
Anyone know how steep the learning curve/transition is to GQueues?
Posted 5 years ago
daniel.demetri says:
Now that all my gmail has been forced over to the new UI, either this functionality needs to be added, or I need to switch to a new solution
Posted 5 years ago
iamryza says:
2 weeks still no response, nice!
Posted 5 years ago
robertsuggs says:
Still waiting for a response on this with some good news. In the meantime, does any have another to-do recommendation?
Posted 5 years ago
audreyhertzberg says:
I had to change over too -- I miss the sidebar! Any word on when the changes will come?
Posted 5 years ago
pedro.mora says:
Still waiting for a response !!!!

when we can use RTM in gmail

when
when
when
Posted 5 years ago
qume says:
I switched to do Todoist until this is resolved. They have decent Gmail integration via a chat-like window.
Posted 5 years ago
mcmugchu says:
Is there any update? New Gmail has been released for long time already but there's still no add-on? I think this is really an important feature
Posted 4 years ago
gotguts says:
C'mon RTM, can you give an answer as too when you'll fix this and get the sidebar add-on working?!?!
Posted 4 years ago
tbok_nl says:
+1111
Posted 4 years ago
mike.shurance says:
Any update?
Posted 4 years ago
tomparys says:
+1

Seriously RTM, I'd prefer you to raise the prices if you can't afford enough developers :(
Posted 4 years ago
kay2thbee says:
bump
ping
+1
and otherwise still waiting ...
Posted 4 years ago
martingchapman says:
Finally we have an all new Remember the Milk for GMail, see the blog for details - https://blog.rememberthemilk.com/

Thanks you so much RTM for this.
Posted 4 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.