Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Problems with the mobile app for iOS in Russia

skyprovider says:
there is a suspicion that due to actions to block telegramm - some operators blocked RTM. Similar problems have other applications and google servlets. I can not use RTM app now.
Posted at 5:40am on April 25, 2018
vadim.arkhipov says:
Same problem. I also cant access the RTM ios app from Russia. VPN helped to access the RTM web site. But how can we access the ios apps?
Posted 5 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Yes, this is related to the Telegram/Google/Amazon blockages. Sorry to hear you're affected. :(

We did enable IPv6 for Remember The Milk apps and services last week, since those seem unaffected currently, but being able to connect to Remember The Milk via IPv6 depends on your device, router, and internet service provider all supporting it, so it may not be available for everyone. :(

Aside from using a VPN, if you're using Remember The Milk from your computer, there is a workaround that would work for one computer. Modifying your hosts file will work to allow that computer to connect to Remember The Milk. You can see the steps here:

https://support.rackspace.com/how-to/modify-your-hosts-file/

and you could use the following addresses to connect:

104.20.17.170 www.rememberthemilk.com

or

104.20.18.170 www.rememberthemilk.com

Either way, right now there would not be as many options for accessing Remember The Milk from the mobile apps. :(

Hope this helps a bit! Let us know if we can ever help with anything else.
Posted 5 years ago
vadim.arkhipov says:
it seem that some IP addresses used by Russian users are blocked by the authority. Is it possibe to change these IPs? I still want to use the apps. Installing VPN on iphone seems to difficult.
Posted 5 years ago
Those above IP addresses are not currently blocked, which is why it's possible to use them. But those aren't possible to use from the mobile apps either. :(

Currently a mobile VPN would be the only option, but we're not familiar with the specifics there. If you find something that works, we and others would be interested to know!
Posted 5 years ago
vadim.arkhipov says:
andrewski, thank you a lot for assistance! will hope for better
Posted 5 years ago
skyprovider says:
I very much ask you to check whether the IP addresses that your application uses are banned. If you do not initiate an appeal to ROSKOMNADZOR about the problem with the application's operation, this problem will not go anywhere. The use of VPN - reduces convenience to zero. Please, make an official request from the developer in Roskomnadzor, or modify the application. This problem itself will not disappear.
Posted 5 years ago
skyprovider says:
Your application for iOS now can not work with the largest mobile operator in Russia - MEGAFON. Most likely he blocked IP addresses, which pointed ROSKOMNADZOR.
Posted 5 years ago
skyprovider says:
Please solve the problem of the mobile application for IOS over the LTE network. Otherwise, payment and use of your service is losing relevance.
Posted 5 years ago
skyprovider says:
https://rocit.ru/hotline

https://rkn.gov.ru/treatments/
Posted 5 years ago
We appreciate your feedback, and apologize for the inconvenience while this blockage is in place. :(

Thanks for the links too!
Posted 5 years ago
skyprovider says:
now your web site was blocked to! :-(
Posted 5 years ago
skyprovider says:

Thank you very much! RTM is a super-service. And I recommend it to hundreds of my students. We regularly celebrate your positive updates. We really hope for the solution of this problem.
Posted 5 years ago
skyprovider says:
Tell me, did you send the unlock request to Roskomnadzor with the ipaddress? Now the application does not work and the site does not work.
Posted 5 years ago
Sorry that it's all not working for you currently. We'll be in touch with updates!
Posted 5 years ago
skyprovider says:
Fixed!) I sent the unlock request from myself.
Posted 5 years ago
vadim.arkhipov says:
skyprovider, THX A LOT. WORKS NOW
Posted 5 years ago
We're glad you noticed the app is working now. Over the weekend we were able to work around the blockage, so we're glad to hear that it's working.

Let us know if you experience anything else!
Posted 5 years ago
skyprovider says:
vadim.arkhipov - ✋
Posted 5 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.