Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Milksync interferes with other programs or windows

ornorm says:
Hello,

after a few weeks of frustration and searches, I suspect a bug in Milksync.

Milksync is set-up to sync every two hours with Outlook 2013.

Unfortunately, every X seconds (varies), something seems to get activated during one second or less in the background (don't know what... I tried to see with Windows event manager but didn't find anything) which is quite annoying.
For example, if I'm typing (as I do now), the cursor gets deactivated briefly preventing me to type further and gets back where I was right after.

It also happens when working with other softwares (mouse selection of an object, selected window gets deselected and selected back, etc.) and with Windows in general.
This also prevents my screensaver to get started because, as said, something is getting activated briefly every X second.
I did exit Milksync (the issue isn't present) to restart it again but that doesn't fix the problem.

Any suggestion to fix this? Did someone else encounter the same kind of issue?

Thanks in advance for your assistance on this.
Have a nice weekend.
Posted at 12:05am on April 14, 2018
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi ornorm,
Thanks for reporting this. This isn't something we've heard about before.

It's interesting that it's happening when MilkSync isn't running. Did it just start when you installed MilkSync?

I'm curious if it helps if you switch MilkSync to manual sync, and quit both MilkSync and Outlook.

Also, I'm curious if uninstalling MilkSync makes this go away.

Keep us posted and we'll see what we can do!
Posted 5 years ago
ornorm says:
Hello andrewski,
what I noticed is that it only happens when the Outlook icon (minimized to tray) is present. It could be due to the fact Milksync does open Outlook in the background when syncing and couldn't close it afterwards. It's really a random behavior because I didn't have the problem today at all. I will try what you propose next time I face the problem and will keep you posted on my next findings.
Anyway, thanks for your kind support.
Have a nice day.
Posted 5 years ago
I'm glad to hear it's not happening now! Do keep us posted, because whether it's Outlook itself or MilkSync specifically, we'd definitely want to help make sure it's not interfering with your computer!
Posted 5 years ago
ornorm says:
Hello andrewski,
I faced the issue several times today so I tried what you proposed (manual sync, didn't work + reinstalling Milksync, didn't work).
What I noticed today is that it could be (not sure) linked to the fact I use OneNote which is also linked to Outlook tasks (which is quite great because my OneNote tasks are then also synced with RTM via Outlook).
In any case, apart from right clicking on the Outlook system tray icon and clicking on "Exit now" which temporarily fixes the issue, I have no clue of what's going on.
I also confirm it might be linked to Milksync not able to close Outlook which is running in the background after syncing because, while syncing, the Outlook systray icon appears and I have the issue described in my first post but, sometimes, the Outlook systray icon disappears right after the syncing is finished and everything goes fine.
I hope those explanations can help.
Have a nice day.
Posted 5 years ago
Hi ornorm,
Yes, that definitely helps. I'm wondering if you're able to contact us so we can look at a log to see if there are any errors.

We'll look out for your message and respond as soon as we can!
Posted 5 years ago
ornorm says:
Hello andrewski, I will do this immediately. Thank you.
Posted 5 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.