Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Repeat help needed

jmjclark says:
How do I set a Monday reminder to send an email for a meeting that occurs the 2nd Friday of every month when Monday is sometimes the 1st Monday and sometimes the 2nd Monday of the month?
Posted at 12:08pm on April 11, 2018
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi jmjclark,
It sounds like you may want to have a task due on the 2nd Friday, and then to add a start date and/or reminder to the task for 4 days prior.

That should always be indexed based on the correct Monday prior then.

Let us know if we can ever help with anything else!
Posted 5 years ago
jmjclark says:
Thanks...but how do I do that? Sorry if I'm dense, but when I click on start date, I'm only given a calendar. I am using the free version, if that is what makes the difference.
Posted 5 years ago
Hi jmjclark,
Sorry, I should have linked to some specifics!

You can add a start date when adding a task (with Smart Add) or editing a task.

You can set reminders generally to send based on the start date, and/or you can add individual reminders to tasks based on the start/due dates and times.

You can use the calendar picker to select a date+time, but you can also type a custom date/time if you prefer using a freeform date format.

Let us know if we can ever help with anything else!
Posted 5 years ago
Hi jmjclark,
Sorry, I should have linked to some specifics!

You can add a start date when adding a task (with Smart Add) or editing a task.

You can set reminders generally to send based on the start date, and/or you can add individual reminders to tasks based on the start/due dates and times.

You can use the calendar picker to select a date+time, but you can also type a custom date/time if you prefer using a freeform date format.

We hope this helps, but keep us posted on what you find!
Posted 5 years ago
jmjclark says:
Perfect! I'll explore these options. Thanks!
Posted 5 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.