Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

"every" repeat task behaving like an "after" repeat task??

drewboles says:
In the past, I have been able to set tasks to repeat "every" day (no specific time), regardless of that task's daily completion, and the new occurrences would automatically be created as the days went by (and if, for example, I didn't complete the task for a number of days, I would see all instances in my list as incomplete).

However, now it seems that this is behaving like an "after" repeating task - new occurrences do not appear until the previous one is marked complete. The only way around this problem is to add a specific time to the "every" day deadline marker, at which point it behaves as I would expect it to.

But I'm confused as to why the behavior suddenly switched. It's worth noting, too, that I have a bunch of repeating tasks with no set due time that are behaving as expected. It's only repeating tasks created in the last couple of weeks that seemed to be problematic. Any ideas?
Posted at 4:22pm on April 2, 2018
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi drewboles,
Sorry to hear about that. One thing that may make a difference is that new repeating tasks may not generate until after the first due date arrives or the first task is completed.

(The trigger is when a task's due date arrives, so if that isn't triggered by time you would need to complete the first task.)

If that doesn't seem to apply though, can you contact us so we can discuss some specifics and see if we can figure out what is causing that?

Thanks!
Posted 5 years ago
drewboles says:
Hi andrewski,
Thanks for getting back to me. I'm going to test a few things and see if I can get it to work as I might expect. I'll get back to you via your contact link shortly with news and/or further questions. Thanks again!

Drew
Posted 5 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.