Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

RTM using enormous amounts of CPU and memory

jennifer.goslee says:
I suddenly have the problem that RTM is taking up enormous amounts of resources in chrome, I'm not sure this really goes on the help forum so much as a bug? I don't see anywhere to attach screenshots here but using the task manager in chrome this is definitely what is going on, more than half a gig of memory for each RTM tab open (I usually have two or three open, because I have two desktops). Has anyone else noticed this, does switching to firefox help?
Posted at 4:10pm on March 28, 2018
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi jennifer.goslee,
Perfect topic for the help forum! Thanks for letting us know about this.

Chrome (with the help of your computer operating system) can use a lot of RAM but should not be a drain on the system; as RAM is needed it should be freed up.

But it shouldn't use a lot of CPU for a sustained period, and it shouldn't slow down your computer.

If this continues, you may want to try the following:
* Restart Chrome.
* Clear Chrome's cache
* Test in an Incognito window (testing if extensions are affecting Remember The Milk)

Keep us posted on what you find and we'll see what else we need to do!
Posted 5 years ago
jennifer.goslee says:
Ok, prior to testing, when I open the Chrome Task Manager, RTM takes 950,000k memory footprint and 845000k memory and between 40 and 100 cpu (this column doesn't seem to be a percent, because it often adds up to well over 100).
Posted 5 years ago
jennifer.goslee says:
Ok restarted chrome and cleared the cache. For now RTM is down to 125/109 and the cpu number is bouncing between zero and 8. Much improved!
Posted 5 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
I'm glad to hear it's working better! Sorry about the inconvenience before.

Let us know if this returns at all and we'd love to help investigate more!
Posted 5 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.