Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

RTM pane not showing in Gmail any longer

giri says:
Can't get the extension to display in Gmail (right pane) any longer. Running Chrome v 65 under Win. Reinstalled extension no dice. RTM icon is visible above the bookmark bar
Posted at 11:58pm on March 18, 2018
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi giri,
You may want to check our Gmail add-on status page to see if your Gmail version may be newer than we supported.

We just updated the add-on today though, so maybe it will be working now.

If not though, let us know your version or feel free to contact us with some more specifics and we can help by email too.
Posted 6 years ago
giri says:
I checked the page, but I can't see any option to see which shows me which version of Gmail I am running. The instructions on the add-on status page say click Settings, Tasks but that isn't an option. It's still not working and I tried disabling labs (I didn't have any enabled) and that didn't make any difference.
Posted 6 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi giri,
If The Tasks tab isn't appearing, it's likely your Gmail version isn't supported. (Sometimes the Tasks tab can't load in an unsupported version.) You can

If this continues, you may want to contact us so we can help with some more specifics.
Posted 6 years ago
giri says:
Thanks, moved to DM
Posted 6 years ago
martingchapman says:
@andrewski,
It really is time RTM redesigned the GMail integration so that it does not need to be "fixed" when Google update Chrome.
This problem has been hanging around for many years and is one of the most annoying failures of RTM (IMHO).
Please, please fix this once and for all and make RTM the perfect task management system.
Posted 6 years ago
veevandyke says:
@andrewski - I second @martingchapman 's comment. My gmail extension has not worked consistently EVER. And I'm talking years, not months or days. I have switched to Gqueues because of this. I need something where I can consistently add tasks via email.

With the new apps for Gmail feature available, it's really REALLY time for an overhaul! I love your app and want to use it, but can't. PLEASE!!
Posted 5 years ago
martingchapman says:
@veevandyke
Thanks for your support.
I used GQueues for many years because of the GMail/Chrome integration, only moving to RTM when they introduced Start Dates, which GQ does not have and I need for my task management system.
GQ has the best Gmail/Chrome integration around and I would move back if they ever introduce Start Dates.
However I will stay with RTM for the moment as apart from the woefully inadequate Gmail/Chrome integration it beats GQ in every other area (IMHO).
Posted 5 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.