Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

I need to take a medicine for five days at 8:00 AM in the morning, which is repeated every fifteen days. How do I set this?

mmasroorali says:
I need to take a medicine for five consecutive days at 8:00 AM in the morning. This is repeated every fifteen days and will continue indefinitely.

So, as an example, I take this medicine at 8:00 AM on Feb 1st-5th. I need to take this again on Feb 16th-20th. This process will continue indefinitely.

How do I set the above? I am a bit confused about the feature "Ends After n times". If I say, daily, ends after five times, can I achieve the above? Perhaps not.

Any tips will be appreciated.
Posted at 6:32am on February 2, 2018
davidfarquhar says:
How about creating five tasks each repeating every 15 days.
Posted 6 years ago
(closed account) says:
Hi mmasroorali,

I don't see that it will work out as you described in your example of setting it up. You'd have to copy and adjust the task, which is being repeated during five days, over and over.

I tried looking into another solution than setting up five tasks, but couldn't find anything. Maybe someone else will come up with something yet. Therefore, I think that the idea of davidfarquhar is the one which will let you achieve what you're looking for.

Remember that you can set up one task, then copy it and adjust the due dates - instead of setting it up several times anew.

Cheers.
Posted 6 years ago
mmasroorali says:
Hi harmonicrain and davidfarquhar.

Right now my approach is exactly the one suggested by you. This one is good when you take the medicine for five days. It becomes a bit tedious when you need to take a medicine for 45 days, stop for 15 days and then repeat again. In that case, you need to resort to multiple reminders which include starting/stopping other reminders.

Thanks anyway, the goal of my question was to find out if anybody could come-up with more intelligent solutions.
Posted 6 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Another idea would be to have the task repeat every day, and to add a separate task to change the date as needed. For example:

Take medicine for 45 days ^today *after 1 day
Adjust medicine date for 15 days later ^45 days
(or ^44 days for one day's lead time)

So in 45 days you'd be reminded to not take your medicine and to make that task due in 15 days from then.

Otherwise the duplicate task would work, but that would be more tedious the longer the repeating duration is.
Posted 6 years ago
davidfarquhar says:
An alternative is to consider using a different application. I use one called Medisafe to help manage medication, I'm not sure if it has the ability to do the schedule you mention but it is worth a look
Posted 6 years ago
mmasroorali says:
andrewski, That is the approach I follow (more or less) right now for that 45 days on and then 15 days off medicine.
The related tasks are like this:
Take medicine at 8:00 AM repeats daily for 45 times.
Start take medicine RTM reminder repeats after 60 days.

As I pointed out earlier, the goal of my post was to find out if there is anything smarter, looks like there is not, at least for the time being.
Posted 6 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.