Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Not getting email reminders

markgraves says:
Hi,
I set some email reminders for date related tasks, setting it to "on the due date", but I don't get any emails. The only one I got was the automated one when I first added the email address. I've checked the settings and I have "tasks with due times" ticked. All my tasks are date related but have no specific time. Does this mean I can't get reminders because only a due date is set but no time?
Posted at 9:30am on January 31, 2018
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi graves,
For untimed tasks you'll want to enable the Daily Digest, which will send at your desired time for any tasks without specific due times.

Let us know if we can help with anything else!
Posted 6 years ago
markgraves says:
Hi,
I enabled the daily digest yesterday, going to the same email address, and with "Tasks that start today" ticked. I set Preferred time to 5:00. I already had some tasks with 1st Feb as the due date. But it's now 9:24 and still no email digest. I checked my timezone which is correct. Is there something else I missed?
Posted 6 years ago
Hi graves,
You may want to try an additional email address in case there's a problem delivering to one address. You could also try another reminder method too like IM, SMS, or Twitter to receive the Digest in another way too.

Keep us posted and we'll see what else we need to do!
Posted 6 years ago
markgraves says:
On Friday I put in a different email address for the daily digest settings, and made a new task with a due date of Saturday. But still no digest email arrived.
Posted 6 years ago
That sounds like we may want to take a closer look at your Reminders and Daily Digest settings. Can you contact us so we can get some details and figure out what's happening? Thanks!
Posted 6 years ago
markgraves says:
Ok will do. Just to clarify, if I want a daily digest, do I have to set a reminder as well, for all the tasks I want to appear in the digest?
Posted 6 years ago
No, only the checkboxes in the Daily Digest section are required, but you could "add tasks to your Digest" by adding a reminder to individual tasks that have due dates.
Posted 6 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.