Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Time in Calendar Picker (Due and Start Dates)

mr_psm says:
Does anybody use the Time option in the Due Date and Start Date Calendar Picker? If so, what value does this add and how can it provide additional functionality? I see it each time, but not sure how it can be used to provide value.

Thanks.
Posted at 12:18pm on January 26, 2018
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi mr_psm,
You can use the time picker to add a specific time to your start and/or due dates. These can be used for keeping track of tasks that are due at a specific time and for making your reminders send at an appropriate time.

See our help page about when reminders are sent for more details.

Hope this helps!
Posted 6 years ago
martingchapman says:
If you are not using the time feature then you are missing out on a lot of the power of RTM.
Say you need to call the Doctors for your test results after 2.00pm next Thursday, you can set a task to call the Doctor next Thursday with a time of 2.00pm.
Then, depending on the Notification and Reminder settings in your account you can get an email at this time from RTM, a notification on your phone, a text on your phone (if you set up the mobile gateway link in RTM) and other notifications from various other services (see your notification settings for more details).
In addition, you can also get reminders from these services at the time of the task and a set number of minutes after the task time.
So you no longer have to remember to make the call at 2.00pm next Thursday, RTM does it for you.
There are so many instances where this is useful, if you don't use it you are really missing out on the power of RTM.
I really encourage you to play with it and see for yourself what it can do.
Posted 6 years ago
mr_psm says:
Thank you, martingchapman and andrewski. At the moment, I just have a daily digest and work through the items each day. I shall, however, play with the time functionality and have a look at changing the notifications. Thanks.
Posted 6 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.