Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

How do i know when a shared task is completed.

mr.clifford says:
HI all ,

I've used RTM for years just for myself and love it - so after years of being a solo user thought I would introduce my better half to it - and seem to have hit a roadblock almost straight away - I see there are notifications on sharing tasks with one another , however as far as I can tell there is no way to see when a shared task is updated or more importantly completed without either going in and checking manually or creating some smart list to see what has recently been completed . Am i missing something here , is there a simple way to do this as without it I have no idea if the tasks i shared were ever actually done ( and vice versa )
thanks!
Posted at 8:44am on January 12, 2018
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi mr.clifford,
Currently it's not possible to receive notifications on shared tasks, sorry. What is possible is to receive notifications for given tasks, so it would be a possibility to have your better half give you a task to notify you.

Another option would be to subscribe to the RSS feed for your shared list, which would update when any changes are made.

Hope this helps a bit!
Posted 6 years ago
mr.clifford says:
Hi Andrew , Thank for you for the quick reply .

Could I ask if such functionality is realistically planned for a future release or not really a priority ? I'll be honest and say without this functionality I'll likely have to use an other task list manager to use with my other half as it is key to be able to know when tasks are done , I'll continue to use RTM for myself so not ideal , but such is life :-)
Posted 6 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi mr.clifford,
We don't have any plans to announce right now, but we appreciate your feedback! Sorry for the inconvenience in using Remember The Milk the way you want to for your shared tasks/lists.
Posted 6 years ago
robert.ward says:
mr.clifford,

This is something that could potentially be done through the use of the RTM API:

https://www.rememberthemilk.com/services/api/

Not sure if you have coding experience or not. Let me know if you want more details.

Posted 6 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.