Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

feature request: repeat upon task complete

(closed account) says:
Hi RTM team, I'd like to start by saying that I'm one of those guys who researched all the todo list apps out there, and you guys have probably one of the best, it's just this one feature you don't have that I hope you would consider:

task repeat upon complete, a feature that both "Things" and Omnifocus has. Without it, the repeat function it's hard to use because you usually use it for low priority errands that is ok to push a couple of days. But with your current system, multiple entries will be created if you forgot to delay the task and suddenly the task list is messy and takes forever to cleanup. I know that ideally one should delay the task manually, but wouldn't it be better if there is an option to auto-delay in order to keep a clean list?

Any thoughts on including this feature in the future?
Thank you for the great service anyway.
Posted at 11:22pm on January 7, 2018
tristo (Remember The Milk) says:
Thanks for getting in touch maraluke.

Good news - we have this feature :)

The way this works is that we have two kinds of repeat: 'repeat every', which will repeat a task no matter if you have completed it or not which is perfect for those essential tasks, and 'repeat after' which only generates the new instance of a task once it is completed.

Here's more on repeat formats:

https://www.rememberthemilk.com/help/answer/basics-basics-repeatformat

Let me know if I can help further or in any other way!

Posted 6 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.