Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Default menu options

(closed account) says:
Hi there,

New to RTM having used Todoist for quite a while.

I really like the flexibility of Smart Lists and can see how they can tailor how you use and view RTM.

In terms of the view of RTM, is it possible to change or reorder the default menu items on the left of the screen? For example, the 'Given to others' field is useless to me as I'll never be delegating tasks - is there a way to remove it?

Thanks,
Rich
Posted at 12:07pm on November 16, 2017
apgordon says:
Hey there. The items in that first div (Inbox, All Tasks, Today, etc) can't be removed. You can collapse that section though.

The sections you have lots of control over are the Lists, Smart Lists, and Tags sections. That's where you can really customize what makes sense for you -- as you said -- using Smart Lists. I usually collapse that first section, or just hide the whole left nav column (using the semicolon hotkey), then hotkey into the Smart Lists I need using 'g', 'm'.

Hope that helps, and welcome!
Posted 6 years ago
(closed account) says:
Thanks for the info, appreciate it.

Will collapse that section as from what I can see, the smart lists and tags are far more powerful and useful.

All the best,
Rich
Posted 6 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi Rich,
Welcome to Remember The Milk!

It's not currently possible to customize the Inbox/All Tasks section, but we appreciate the feedback.

What you can do is to add any views you want to your Favorites, where you can show just the ones you want, and order them the way you want.

Then you can collapse the All Tasks section to just view your favorites right at the top.

Let us know if we can help with anything else!
Posted 6 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.