Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

I don't receive the verification code to set a new contact

(closed account) says:
Tried to get it with skype and yahoo messenger on IOS 10. No results. And as I read your help forum, I saw that this is a common problem for your service. Many of users can't receive reminders. Please, do something, I guess it shouldn't be like this. It's not the fault of the users, I do everything right, but there's no code. I've checked the apps of messengers, I've even checked emails on Outlook and Yahoo. But still there's no code.
Posted at 7:51am on November 14, 2017
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi tati_tatiana,
This shouldn't be a systemic problem, but we have heard from a few users who have problems receiving specific verification codes.

You may wish to make sure you've added the appropriate account/username to your contacts in each service, which may help the verification codes get through.

Also, you may want to try another reminder method like email to get them working more generally. (That's our best suggestion once your reminders are verified to make sure everything is set up and timed the way you want.)

Keep us posted and feel free to contact us if this continues so we can help you specifically!
Posted 6 years ago
mirthless29 says:
Hi.

I have the same problem with Skype, Hangouts and SMS. I don't receive any verification code...

"You may wish to make sure you've added the appropriate account/username to your contacts in each service, which may help the verification codes get through."

Could anyone tell us what is the account/username for Remember The Milk in each service. Perhaps adding it to my contact list will solve the silence...
Posted 6 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi mirthless29,
Sorry this is happening as well. You can review our IM contacts on our help page. Skype is 'rtmremind' and Hangouts is 'rtmremind@gmail.com'.

For SMS, that's likely separate, and this page may help, but contact us if not so we can help more specifically!
Posted 6 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.