Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Sharing doesn't do anything

_ae_ says:
We have trouble sharing lists (and tasks). Nothing happens. We're both in our contacts, but we don't get so see anything in our inboxes after sharing.

I have a fresh install on Android 8.0, the contact has a not-so fresh install on Android 6. We tried from the web app, which interestingly looks completely different for my contact. Really nice and old-school, while mine looks more or less like the app.

Any suggestions?
Posted at 1:17pm on November 2, 2017
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi _ae_,
You may want to check your notifications where the shared list or received tasks should appear.

Once you accept the shared list you should see the list appear in your left navigation bar in the Lists section. Given tasks will appear in your Inbox (or your default list if you've changed that) once accepted.

Keep us posted on what you find!
Posted 6 years ago
_ae_ says:
There are no notifications. Really, nothing happens if we share lists or tasks.

I just realised that I get a very short-lived popup that I can't share with this user because they use the old remember the milk app and thus cannot share lists.

How to fix that? They just get into that of interface when they log in. How can they switch? (And why is that even a thing?)
Posted 6 years ago
Hi _ae_,
Ah, okay, I wondered if that could be related, so thanks for mentioning that.

You may want to have them view our switcher page to update their account. Once updated, you should get notifications as expected. It's also possible to switch via the web app, at the upper right.

This occurs when one's account is not switched over to the newer app, which we don't do automatically because we're supporting both in parallel. Unfortunately we changed sharing so fundamentally between the versions (all improvements!) that it's not possible to communicate the notifications between them.

Hope this helps!
Posted 6 years ago
_ae_ says:
Thanks a million. This works!
Posted 6 years ago
Glad to hear it! Sorry again for the hiccup while you were trying to get this going!
Posted 6 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.