Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Location alerts

mjrudolphi says:
Trying to find out if the location alerts/reminders work on iOS. Can anyone confirm please.
I also assume you must get the pro version to get alerts/reminders.
Posted at 1:32pm on October 20, 2017
tristo (Remember The Milk) says:
Thanks for getting in touch.

The app doesn't currently support location-based reminders, sorry. This is a feature that we'll consider as we work to improve the app in the future. In the meantime, you can use the Nearby feature of the app to see tasks located nearby.

Let me know if I can help further or in any other way!
Posted 6 years ago
mjrudolphi says:
What is Nearby tasks?
The reminders and locations (now Nearby) is all very confusing. Can someone explain to me what the features of RTM do related to using "Locations", "Reminders", and "Nearby"? I'm considering the Pro version but not sure that version does anything different related to these features (albeit I dont know what these features do).
Posted 6 years ago
There's a few questions there! I'll try and keep this simple.

Tasks can be given locations as attributes. Here's more on how to use them:

https://www.rememberthemilk.com/help/answer/basics-locations-addlocation

These serve as another way to work, for example, letting you split tasks between your workplace and home, using the location of each to drive how you work.

As for reminders based on locations, iOS doesn't allow for reminders to be sent for those tasks when you trip a location fence, but in our Android app you can.

In the iOS app, the 'Nearby' task list, when you open it, will search for tasks nearby you based on your location with any of our apps.

Pro won't change how these work for you, but there's a lot more you can get from it! :)

https://www.rememberthemilk.com/upgrade/

Do let me know if all of that makes sense.
Posted 6 years ago
mjrudolphi says:
Thanks for the good explanations. Appreciate the help. Will the app ever be able to remind based on location?
Posted 6 years ago
Never say never! :)
Posted 6 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.