Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Time Zone setting not sticking

byronkw says:
every day i start RTM in Chrome on my Windows laptop PC and every day it 'sees' that my time zone is PST and presents a pop-up message asking if i want to set my time zone to PST (yes!)... and then it asks the same question the next day again.
the computer almost never leaves the house, much less the time zone.
how can i confirm the time zone as PST and not be required to deal with it again the next day ?
Posted at 7:10pm on October 19, 2017
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi byronkw,
Thanks for getting in touch and reporting this issue. Sorry to hear about this!

You may want to go in to your Account Settings and confirm your timezone is set to the nearest city in your country; sometimes we hear about this when it's trying to auto-shift you to the correct country but it's already set to a timezone in the same UTC offset (-8, in other words).

Keep me posted on what you find and we'll see if we need to do anything else!
Posted 6 years ago
byronkw says:
thanks for your reply
my timezone is set at -8 Pacific - Vancouver and have never been changed in the time i've been using RTM
i've just changed it to -8 Pacific (without a city) and i'll see if that solves it... and report if it doesn't
Posted 6 years ago
Sounds good, byronkw, keep us posted!
Posted 6 years ago
(closed account) says:
I am facing the same issue. My country is set to India and I receive all notifications at the right time. However, every time I set my timezone to Indian Standard Time (GMT +5:30), it doesn't stick. I am using Windows and iOS apps, if that helps.
Posted 6 years ago
Hi tulpuleg,
You may want to clear your cache if you're using the web app, or just log out from the desktop app.

But if this continues, please contact us so we can help get this straightened out!
Posted 6 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.