Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Hide lists instead of archive?

drewob26 says:
Has anyone implemented a way to effectively hide lists representing completed projects? I know we have the option to archive, but (1) that brings the tasks out of the default search (unless you use the includeArchived operator), (2) the UI for archived lists is limited and it's not very easy to search for an archived list, (3) tasks completed in archived lists won't be included in my completed tasks report (again, unless I use includeArchived). Not a huge deal, but wondering if anyone has found a way to somehow put completed or on hold projects to the side without archiving.
Posted at 11:19am on October 5, 2017
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi drewob26,
Thanks for your feedback.

You may prefer to hide lists when they don't have any incomplete tasks, so any completed projects would automatically disappear from view (but could still be easily navigated to or searched as needed).

The one difference there is that the lists would still come up in autocomplete, which may not be desired.

If archiving is almost exactly what you want though, it may also be possible to create Smart Lists to include archived lists for reports etc.

Hope this helps!
Posted 6 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.