Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Duplicates created in Outlook 365...

dainsworth345 says:
I am just migrating from older Outlook to the Outlook 365 (subscription version). MilkSync is creating duplicates of all my tasks on Outlook 365. The online RTM remains correct and unaffected. Any hints for me? TIA
Posted at 12:37am on September 27, 2017
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi dainsworth345,
Sorry to hear about this. Duplication usually occurs either when MilkSync is running on two computers concurrently or when a separate app is also syncing with your tasks (namely Google Apps Sync or iCloud).

If you're using any of those or continue to have any problems, it'd be great if you could contact us so we could get some specific details and see what's happening. Thanks!
Posted 6 years ago
dainsworth345 says:
Thanks for your attention.

I am migrating to my new computer running win10 and outlook 365. I downloaded MilkSync but it didn't seem to work. So I tried the Tool called Restore. That was supposed to restore overwrite all the tasks in outlook with what was in my web-based RTM. It looked like it was working momentarily, but then it just made duplicates of all my items.

I did have my old computer online at the time, so your comment led me to uninstall MilkSync from that and close Outlook on that old computer. However, the Restore command still did the same thing--remove all the duplicates and then promptly recreate them.

Any hints for me?
Posted 6 years ago
Hi dainsworth345,
You may want to move all your existing Outlook tasks out of your Tasks folder into a separate folder. You may want to make sure to move completed tasks also in case those aren't showing.

Then, restoring may work correctly into the empty Tasks folder.

Keep us posted on what you find and let us know if this continues!
Posted 6 years ago
dainsworth345 says:
Can you refresh my memory (cough)...how do I move items from the Tasks folder into another folder? And where would the other folder(s) be located?...
Posted 6 years ago
Hi dainsworth345,
You could create a new folder anywhere in your Tasks section, e.g. in your Outlook Data File or as a subfolder of your Tasks folder. Since MilkSync only syncs with the Tasks folder that's all that matters there.

Then, you can drag and drop your tasks from your Tasks folder to the other folder to get them out of MilkSync's "sight".

Hope this helps! Keep me posted on what you find!
Posted 6 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.