Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Cannot sync RTM app on Iwatch

(closed account) says:
Hi - I cannot get my iwatch to sync the RTM app. Its first generation iwatch - is that an issue? Have installed/ uninstalled/ reinstalled multile times - have unpaired and paired to test that, to no avail. Keep getting message on the watch "Communication issue - we couldn't communicate with your paired ios device to complete set up". All other iwatch apps work fine. Any advice greatly appreciated.
Posted at 9:18pm on September 21, 2017
yospin says:
I've had the same issue - 2nd generation watch.
Posted 6 years ago
tristo (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Ok - would it be possible to try rebooting both iPhone and Apple Watch, then log out of RTM app on iPhone?

Then try to run the app from Watch again. You should receive an error to login to the app on iPhone. Once you log back in, the app on the Watch may hopefully connect and load properly.

Let me know if I can help further!
Posted 6 years ago
andreas.fritz says:
I've the same issue - 3nd generation watch.
Posted 6 years ago
andreas.fritz says:
I have rebooted iPhone and Watch. Logged out of RTM. Got the login error. Logged back in.
Received again the communication error.
Posted 6 years ago
andreas.fritz says:
https://www.rememberthemilk.com/services/applewatch/troubleshooting/
Now it works :-)
Posted 6 years ago
andreas.fritz says:
1. Open the Watch app on your iPhone.
2. Scroll down and tap on RTM.
3. Toggle Show App on Apple Watch to the off position.
4. Wait until the 'Uninstalling...' message disappears, then toggle Show App on Apple Watch to the on position again.
Posted 6 years ago
(closed account) says:
Hi all,

Thanks for the attempts at the updates, however I am still having the same problems. I have tried all suggested fixes, to no avail. Can I please have further assistance? Thanks
Posted 6 years ago
Sorry to hear!

We've found this issue is a once-off where once you get the communication established, you'll be all sorted. But it might take some winding paths to get there and it's often different for each user.

I recommend retrying the suggested steps above a few times more to see if you can get through it.

Let me know how you get on!
Posted 6 years ago
(closed account) says:
Unfortunately the same issue prevails. I have downloaded and updated with the latest apps, uninstalled, reinstalled etc but it keeps saying there is a Communication Issue and couldn't pair with the IOs device to setup. All other apps working fine. Can you please advise next steps?
Posted 6 years ago
Ok, no problems.

Would it be possible to try syncing less completed tasks in your iOS app? To achieve this, open the RTM app, then Settings, then open Sync. Change the Sync Completed settings to '2 Weeks Back', and then try then try toggling off/on the watchOS app again as per the help page:

https://www.rememberthemilk.com/services/applewatch/troubleshooting/

If that doesn't help, try logging out and logging back into the app in iOS.

Let me know how you get on!

Posted 6 years ago
(closed account) says:
Hi Tristo - sorry for the late reply, just managed to get back to this. Yes, it worked!!! So it appears there may have been too many tasks to sync. I will ensure I work less in the future!!!!
Posted 6 years ago
Great news! Thanks for letting me know :)
Posted 6 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.