Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Is this going to be updated for the new Firefox Extension Technology

ruadog says:
The Gmail add-on for Firefox hasn't seen an update in 2 years. Is it going to be rewritten for the new Web Extension technology or is it going to stop working in November?
Posted at 4:20pm on August 29, 2017
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi ruadog,
We've made sure our development team knows about this, and we'll let you know when there's an update from them.

The add-on hasn't been updated in a while, but it's still supported; we haven't needed to update the add-on itself to stay current with Gmail updates, and we update the add-on regularly to continue working.

Let us know if we can help with anything else in the meantime!
Posted 6 years ago
boaglio says:
I am a Firefox Dev Edition user and RTM stopped working... I hope you rewrite your plugin ASAP.
Posted 6 years ago
Hi boaglio,
The calendar gadget should still work in the Dev Edition of Firefox, so you may want to review your cookie settings to make sure third-party cookies are (at least) accepted from visited.

Feel free to contact us if this continues!
Posted 6 years ago
tracymckibben says:
Same here - the RTM for GMail extension (not the calendar gadget as mentioned above) does not work with the new Firefox WebExtensions API which becomes standard for everyone in November. Please update soon!
Posted 6 years ago
Ah, yes, sorry I misspoke about the calendar gadget. Yes, the add-on will not work currently in developer or beta editions of Firefox. Sorry for the inconvenience currently.

We'll post any updates or news on our blog, so stay tuned there!
Posted 6 years ago
boaglio says:
If you have a beta version for the new GMail extension I will be glad to test it.
Posted 6 years ago
moorepants says:
I'd really like to see the Gmail firefox extension work again. I'm now lost without my task list that I've been using for many many years. Looking for other task list providers...
Posted 6 years ago
Hi moorepants,
The add-on was updated last month; if your Firefox didn't auto-update it, you can download it from our site:

https://www.rememberthemilk.com/services/gmail/addon/

Let us know if you have any further issues!
Posted 6 years ago
moorepants says:
Thanks this now works for me with the updated extension!
Posted 6 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.