Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Monthly recurring tasks

jmjclark says:
I have a recurring meeting on the 3rd Thursday of every month, and I need to set a task for 2 days prior. How do I set up the recurring reminder? Two days prior is not always the 3rd Wednesday, sometimes it is the 2nd Wednesday.
Posted at 12:45pm on August 17, 2017
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi jmjclark,
You may want to set the repeat to "every month on the 3rd Thursday" and then use something like start dates or additional reminders to remind you 2 days prior.

Otherwise the other option is to set the task for the repeat you usually use and then adjust it as needed on those off months.

Hope this helps!
Posted 6 years ago
jmjclark says:
Thanks! Wasn't sure I could adjust the individual months. I know there are a ton of features I haven't begun to take advantage of. I should set a task to learn RTM!
Posted 6 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi jmjclark,
Sounds good! Let us know how we can help along the way! :)
Posted 6 years ago
ruadog says:
Automating something like this can be very complicated. Rather than trying to automate it and risk missing a reminder, I would just spend the time creating 12 tasks on the exact days you need them and be done for the year. That shouldn't take more than 5 minutes. It will take longer than that to try to automate it and deal with all the odd months.
Posted 6 years ago
robert.ward says:
This might be something that can be automated with the API. Though as ruadog says automating it could take some time. But I like a challenge :)
Posted 6 years ago
traceyd06 says:
Could you set up the task as repeating on the date of the meeting (3rd Thursday of every month) and then set a reminder on that task for 2 days before?

Posted 6 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.