Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

email reminders not coming

sid.sonic8 says:
Hello,
suddenly for some reason the email reminders have stopped. They just don't come anymore.
For troubleshooting, I did the following:
1. checked the spam folder - nothing there
2. removed my email address from the settings menu and then re-added it and then also verified the confirmation email.
3. Added a second email address also

Still nothing - what to do?
thanks
sid
Posted at 8:45am on June 16, 2017
tristo (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi sid.sonic8,

Sorry to hear about this. It looks like you've started down the road of troubleshooting the issue so thanks for trying those steps thus far.

Are you receiving any other reminder methods (for example, IM, SMS, Desktop, etc) or have they all stopped? Would it be possible to test one of these additional methods?

I'd just double-check the following as well:

1. In the web app's Account Settings, in the Contact Preferences section, take another look at your reminder methods and be sure they're correct.

Click here to go there:

https://www.rememberthemilk.com/app/#settings/contact

2. You may also wish to review your Reminders settings to make sure they're set up the way you want:

https://www.rememberthemilk.com/app/#settings/reminders

Hope this helps - do let me know how you get on.
Posted 6 years ago
sid.sonic8 says:
Hey,
So my RTM account doesn't have desktop app installed and I also have not signed up for the SMS notifications. I was using only the email once a day notifications. And after the issue started, I removed my email, added the email again (and a second email) and then then did the verification thing on both these emails and then did a few test reminders - as in put in fresh tasks for every day. And - nothing. No email reminders whatsoever on both the emails for neither the new tasks for trying out and nor for the tasks already put in earlier.

I checked the contact preferences and also the reminders in the setting page.
For both the email addresses the reminders are ticked and in the reminders page, the two emails are mentioned but the Tasks with start times and Tasks with due time, return unchecked - this is because I don’t have any time bound reminders and only use date bound reminders.

What to do?

Sid
Posted 6 years ago
Thanks for this update. Good news - would it be possible to test again?

Since this post we reported some minor degradation in email performance for users of the older app which has now been resolved.

Let me know how you get on!

Posted 6 years ago
sid.sonic8 says:
Sure. I have a task coming up for Monday. So let's see if that works.

If I switch to the new app will it make the reminders any more efficient ? I don't want to shift but if it helps you guys then I will
Posted 6 years ago
Sure - do let me know.

Ah that's generous of you to offer but we certainly support the older app for now. The new app does have some additional features but it's up to you :)

Thanks again!
Posted 6 years ago
sid.sonic8 says:
and working! go the emails today.

thanks
sid
Posted 6 years ago
sid.sonic8 says:
Hey Tristo , the emails stopped again.

now what to do?
Posted 6 years ago
Thanks for flagging - we'll investigate further!
Posted 6 years ago
sid.sonic8 says:
Tristo, this is now getting inconsistent and almost unrealiable. I got the reminder emails today
Posted 6 years ago
Hi again.

We had some degraded performance of the old app reminders over the weekend.

The issue appears to be purely coincidental to the last problem so you should continue with plenty of faith!

The new app continued to work normally in the meantime .

How aboutyou drop me a line direct to support and we can discuss the new app vs old app?

https://www.rememberthemilk.com/help/contact/?ctx=webapp

Cheers,
Tristo
Posted 6 years ago
sid.sonic8 says:
Hey Tristo,

The reminders came in today as well.
I guess I will shift to the new app to avoid any issues.

Thank you
sid
Posted 6 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.