Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Reminders via Mac OS Notifications system?

richtack says:
I use both the web app and the OS X desktop app. Is there any way to receive reminders as Mac OS Alert notifications?
Posted at 6:35pm on June 14, 2017
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi richtack,
Yes, you can add desktop reminders through the Mac app, and then you'll get reminder notifications just like you want. :)

Let us know if we can help with anything else!
Posted 6 years ago
richtack says:
That's how I have it set up. I even tried deleting and adding back the desktop setting and re-testing it.

If this matters, I don't' see Remember the Milk listed under the mac's System Preferences:Notifications.

Happy to send someone screenshots, if easier!
Posted 6 years ago
In that case you may want to review your reminders settings more generally, i.e. in the Daily Digest and Reminders sections of the Account Settings.

It's possible you have the notifications set up but don't have the Digest or Reminders enabled?

Keep us posted!
Posted 6 years ago
richtack says:
Yes, I have desktop checked for reminders. I even tried turning off all other forms for reminders, to see if something was just taking precedence over the desktop, but no luck.
Posted 6 years ago
richtack says:
Okay, I actually figured it out. I had to check "Remind me at the time tasks start", which has always been there, but with the iPhone I never needed to click. I think i'm looking good, thanks!
Posted 6 years ago
You can add multiple reminder methods, so you shouldn't need to turn them off. In fact, enabling another method could help make sure they're working.

Just to make sure though, I was wondering about the separate sections—not in the Contact Preferences, but the checkboxes in each of the Daily Digest and Reminders sections. Contact Preferences sets "where" to send reminders, and those sections set "when" to send them.

Hope this helps!
Posted 6 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.