Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Why cant one undelete task ?

ravitodo says:
Undeleting a task from Trash is a major functionality missing in RTM. Instead one has to copy paste the task as a fresh task. This is very tedious if there are notes in the task. I consider this to be a flaw in RTM and something standard which should be provided--IMHO.
Posted at 3:54am on May 14, 2017
martingchapman says:
On the Trash screen, If you hover over the box to the right of the "Delete Forever" box is says "Move to".
Click on this box and it gives you a drop down of "Inbox" your Lists or "Create New" so you can move the deleted task out of the Trash into one of these places.
You do not need to re-create the task, all your notes, dates, tabs etc will be there.
Posted 6 years ago
ravitodo says:
In the browser RTM, hover over to show "Move to" -- nothing like this is happening.

On my Android Samsung phone RTM app, I cant see any list for Trash (which appears under Given to others in the browser version)
Posted 6 years ago
martingchapman says:
Whilst in the browser RTM on the Trash screen you need to have at least one task selected (tick box checked) in order to see the "Delete Forever" box and the drop down graphic which is directly to the right of it.
Not sure about the Android app as I do not see Trash under "Given to Others" as in the browser.
Need an answer from the Monkey on this one.
Posted 6 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Yes, that doesn't sound right so if this continues, please contact us and we'll get our resident monkey on the hunt!
Posted 6 years ago
martingchapman says:
@andrewski
In Chrome under "All Tasks" I see the following list;
Inbox
All Tasks
Today
Tomorrow
This Week
Given to Others
Trash

In the Android App under "Home" I see the following list;
Inbox
All Tasks
Today
Tomorrow
This Week
Given to Others

But not Trash.

I can not find a reference to the Trash list anywhere in the Android App.

LG G4 Android V6.0
RTM Android App V4.1.9
Posted 6 years ago
Yes, currently the Trash is only available in the web/desktop app. Sorry for the inconvenience when hunting down deleted tasks!
Posted 6 years ago
martingchapman says:
@andrewski - thanks for confirming the Trash list is not available in the Android App.

@ravitodo - here is your answer regards the Android App.
Posted 6 years ago
I'm more interested in what's happening with the web app—we're happy to help if you want to let us know some details!
Posted 6 years ago
ravitodo says:
I thank martingchapman for having clarified to me the undelete method which works fine.
Posted 6 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.