Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Overview each week / this week

unicajm says:
Hi, I like to create smart lists to show task that are planned for this week, next week, the week after that, etc. But those should be HARD weeks, from monday till friday (or sunday). Not from wednesday to wednesday...

The "this week" view does that to some extends, but if its wednesday it shows task for monday which is not this week, but the next! :S

My first question is;
Can I make the this week list only show tasks for THIS week? So on friday I only see the tasks for this friday and not tasks for monday/tuesday after the weekend?

Next question is the same, but for next week! Can I make smart lists that show tasks for next week, monday till friday (or sunday)? And when it is friday, next week still shows tasks from monday till friday.

I have a "next week" smart list that does the following:

dueWithin:"2 week of today" NOT dueWithin:"1 week of today"

but when its wednesday, it starts showing tasks for monday the week after.

I have a way to do it manual (adding, and editing tags and smart lists) but thats not how it's intended!

Thanks for the help.
Posted at 8:02am on May 10, 2017
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Thanks for getting in touch.

You had the right idea, but you could change 'today' in your example to search based on the first day of the week.

For example, you could search for the following to find tasks for this week:

dueBefore:Monday

and then the following to search for next week:

dueBefore:"1 week of Monday" AND NOT dueBefore:Monday

Hope this helps!
Posted 6 years ago
unicajm says:
Yes, this is exactly what I needed, thank you! :D
Posted 6 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.