Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Milk Sync does nothing

(closed account) says:
I successfully installed MilkSync 1.0.29; after logging in and clicking on two-way-sync the MilkSync-window disappears and MilkSync does nothing; by clicking on the desktop icon nothing happens. I uninstalled and reinstalled it several times, not successful. Task manager shows that MilkSync is not running (Windows 10, Outlook 2016).
Posted at 6:35am on April 21, 2017
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi reinhard767,
Sorry to hear that! Are you able to contact us to discuss some specifics, send a log, etc.? We'd love to take a look at what's happening here!
Posted 6 years ago
(closed account) says:
Meanwhile, MilkSync syncs correctly, but still cannot be opened on the desktop;
on another pc MilkSync cannot be installed; I´m asked for admin-mode first, after accessing admin mode nothing happens, even the task-manager doesn´t show any running process by MilkSync.
I do not know how send you a log - how can I do this?
Posted 6 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi reinhard767,
Sorry to hear about all these troubles! If you can contact us above, you can email us a link.

If you're curious how to access the log, you can do so with these steps:
* Right-click the Remember The Milk icon in your Windows System Tray.
* Select Tools then Logging, then View Log.

More generally, the app shouldn't require administrator access to install, but that's not to say it's not impossible to be locked out, just that it shouldn't typically occur. The app is designed to run as your current user, etc.

Keep me posted on what you find with either computer!
Posted 6 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.